A reminder of one of the two “other” conferences taking place w/c 2nd June 2008:
Lotus are running a European Technical Conference on the 2nd / 3rd of June in Amsterdam. This is a new once a year event that presents the best possible opportunity for skill development, networking and building awareness of the latest and most up to date product and solution information from Lotus. The conference costs EUR 999 but an early bird EUR 100 discount applies if registering before 3rd May.
Come to Amsterdam to learn how Team collaboration software helps you share content, collaborate and work faster on-line withyour teams –inside or outside your company’s firewall. Portal software provides a composite application or business mash-upframework and the advanced tooling needed to build flexible, SOA-based solutions. Lotus Technical Conferences can help system administrators, developers and IT leaders learn how.
The program will lead you in details through 2 tracks :
Messaging & Collaboration track
Collaboration software started with messaging. While e-mail remains an important tool, new Lotus software now offers so much more.
Team Collaboration software helps yo share content, collaborate and work faster on-line with your teams
The Messaging & Collaboration track provides system administrators, developers and IT leaders with the information,solutions and experts needed to meet these challenges. You will learn about theses topics:
- My Widgets and Live text in Notes 8
- Going mobile with Notes Traveler
- Notes Designer Web 2.0 support
- Building composite applications
- Best practices and features that help you migrate to Notes/Domino 8
- Lotus Symphony: deploy, manage, integrate open productivity tools
- Quickr Content Integrator
- Sametime 8 UC2: features, choices, integration and extensions
- REST services to integrate with Quickr and Connections
- Assembling situational applications with Lotus Mashups
- Creating and deploying Lotus Forms without IT
Portals can provide a window to the future of your business.
Content management, personalization, integration and security require complex solutions.
The Portal track provides system administrators, developers and IT leaders with the information, solutions and experts needed to solve these complex problems.
You will to learn about these topics:
- Integrating Microsoft and .Net applications in IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- Integrating your IBM Lotus applications in IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- Developing portlets with Open Source frameworks
- Leveraging your existing web applications in IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- Using IBM Portlet Factory 6.1
- Integrating your SAP environment in IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- Integrating your Oracle environment in IBM WebSphere Portal Server
- Upgrading IBM WebSphere Portal Server
Enroll today for this IBM Lotus Technical conference and grab the opportunity to learn directly from product experts.
Take advantage of networking opportunities that provide fresh ideas and insights into solutions that can work for you.
I myself won’t be there – the extra time away from paid work (on top of ILUG2008, 4-6 June) and the cost of this conference is simply too much for my business to bear. The timing is a great shame in that regard!
However, I do hope that the Technical Conference is a success, as it would be awesome to have a mid-year “mini-Lotusphere” in Europe on an ongoing basis…