I first blogged about the IBM Connections QuickSearch plugin for Google Chrome three weeks ago. Back then it was at version 1.8.
Remarkably since then the author, Romain Lienard, has released four updated versions:
[titled_box title=”Changelog for IBM Connections QuickSearch”]
– New group feature !!!
– Can now post a message to the user’s board with @mention (using the new group feature)
– Can now share a File to a group of users. To unlock the “share this file” feature you have to be first on a webpage which is an IBM Connections File URL
– “share this URL” now works with communities (with typeahead)
– new “share this URL” feature
– UI bug fixes
– a context menu is now available. Just select some piece of text within any webpage, then right-click and select a service to fire the search !
– can now set a default scope (in the options page)[/titled_box]
I’m so impressed by this development effort, and by the rate that new features are being added.
For example, the context-sensitive search:
and ‘Share this URL’:
If you access IBM Connections on a regular basis and use Google Chrome as your main browser, you really would benefit from this plugin.