Ed Brill has previously discussed the upcoming IBM Sametime native mobile client for iOS.
It is now available in the App Store:
We are very excited to bring you the IBM Sametime Mobile Client for iOS! This gives you access to IBM’s award-winning platform for Unified Communications on today’s hottest devices – the iPhone and iPad. The client gives you the following cool features :
● 1/1 and Group chat
● Send and receive photos
● Background message notification
● Search corporate directory for a contact
● Search contact list by name or number
● Broadcast announcements
● Customized presence status
● Chat history
● View your contact list by groups, favorites, or all contacts view.
● Add new individual contacts or groups
● Robust Business Card
● Easily import Sametime contacts into your Apple iPhone contact list.
● Manage application preferences from the Apple iPhone device settings.
● Interface is automatically optimized for the iPhone or iPad.
If you are a Sametime Unified Telephony (SUT) user, you also get the following from your iOS device:
● A dial pad to place calls with SUT
● Click to call
● Receive incoming SUT calls
● Your off the hook telephony presence is reflected to desktop rich client users
● Keep your cell number private! Recipient’s caller ID shows up as your SUT number.
● Control call routing rules and
● Set preferred device for receiving your SUT calls.
We’ve been looking for a native means to manage Sametime access on iPhones and iPads for a long time (the Sametime 8.5 release has a mobile web UI), and this looks to be the answer we’ve been waiting for:
I’m particularly excited about the mix of Sametime and Sametime Unified telephony integration in the app, and alos the fact that it is iPad optimised from day one:
One detail to note is the requirement for a specific fix pack on your Sametime servers:
*The IBM Sametime Mobile Client for iOS devices requires the Sametime 8.5.2 IFR 1 Proxy Server to be deployed in your infrastructure environment. Please contact your IT department to validate this is the case.*
Download the new Sametime iOS client from the App Store now!