David Pearson (twitter | email) is a senior architect in the IBM Software Services for Lotus Centre of Excellence, and is also IBM’s worldwide services leader for Symphony. He has been at Lotus / IBM for 14 years.
Eric Otchet (email) is currently the Product Manager for Lotus Symphony. He has been with IBM for over 22 years and has held both technical and sales positions during that time.
Symphony 3 launch:
- What is IBM Lotus Symphony ?
- How did Symphony come about?
- What is IBM’s strategy ?
- Can you describe the Symphony roadmap ?
- What is the relationship with the OpenOffice community ? What does IBM do with OpenOffice Code ?
- Will split in OO movement help or hinder (LibreOffice)? Does IBM feed back into OO code?
- What are the key differences between OpenOffice and Symphony ? Is there round-trip compatibility?
- How Does Symphony link into the rest of the Lotus portfolio ?
- When will Symphony v3 be available ?
- What are the key new things in Symphony v3 to get excited about ?
- Once Symphony 3 ships, can we integrate it into (and over) the current Lotus Notes Symphony install?
- What is Project Concord and how does that integrate with Symphony ?
- Any plans to extend Symphony to include Draw and give us a real Visio replacement? Or a database?
- When will be able to save as docx, xlsx and pptx?
- Quickr connectors? Coming? Dates?
- Get more information from symphony.lotus.com