Here’s a list of new features in Lotus Symphony 1.2 (cross-platform):
What’s New in Symphony 1.2
* Improved .ods and .xls files loading performance.
* Improved .ods files saving performance.
* Enhanced performance optimization options usability by adding Symphony system tray icon.
* Enhanced exported PDF accessibility by adding structural tags and attributes for document elements.
* Enhanced BIDI support in Spreadsheet.
* Added user interface language support in regional settings preferences page.
* Enabled creating a hyperlink to local documents in all three editors.
* Associated numbering and bullet style to paragraph properties in Documents.
* Enhanced new page creation usability in Presentations.
* Significant enhancements on DataPilot in Spreadsheets.
* Lotus Symphony GA is available on Ubuntu.
* Provided Lotus Symphony Debian packages on Ubuntu.
* Provided Lotus Symphony RPM packages on SuSe and RedHat.
On-line Help Enhancements:
* Enhanced help content for Presentations.
* Symphony information center is available in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/symphony/v1r1/index.jsp where you can find help contents and other related resources.
* Added Business Partner page.
* Re-designed Buzz section, Plug-ins section, and Gallery Landing page.
A couple of comments.
1) It is great to see real platform support for the Linux versions – installers in native formats for Ubuntu, SuSe and Redhat for example.
2) I think it’s cool that IBM is tying the website experience to the product updates. Often the product pages appear to be a little bit of an afterthought, whereas the Symphony pages have always been attractive, interactive and bang up to date. The obvious URL makes such a difference too – symphony.lotus.com…
Get Symphony 1.2 now.