More good news from IBM’s Paul Godby – this time discussing a new self-paced workshop, explicitly for IBM Connections 5.0:
[titled_box title = “IBM Connections 5.0 workshop”]In the IBM Connections 5.0 Workshop, you will learn about the new and existing capabilities of IBM Connections and IBM Connections Mobile. You will learn how to implement external collaboration in your environments and gain an understanding of both the internal and external user experiences in these deployments. If you are an administrator or a developer, you will also learn about the following topics: UI Customization, Mobile UI Customization, iWidget Development for Profiles, and Activity Streams Integration using the Social Business Toolkit SDK.[/titled_box]
The course is written for the Connections 5.0 Softlayer device that will be available soon, but could be run against a Linux-based self-hosted server if required.
Here’s the full course detail:
[titled_box title = “IBM Connections 5.0 workshop detail”]Description
New capabilities in IBM Connections V5.0 make it easier for a company’s employees to work with customers and business partners on projects. Enhancements throughout IBM Connections V5.0 make relevant content more accessible, encourage brainstorming on new ideas, and organize the content that is shared in communities.
IBM Connections V5.0 adds new capabilities that make it easier for a company’s employees to collaborate with customers and business partners on projects and share relevant information. With IBM Connections V5.0, external users, such as customers and business partners, can be invited to a shared file and an IBM Connections community. Communities that have been opened to external users are identified as such to the members of the community.
- Learn about the new and existing capabilities of IBM Connections and IBM Connections Mobile
- Learn how to implement external collaboration in your environments and gain an understanding of both the internal and external user experiences
- Learn how to customize the IBM Connections user interface as well as the Mobile App
- Learn how to create iWidgets for the Profiles application
- Learn how to use the IBM Social Business Toolkit SDK to post third party events into the Activity Stream
- Review existing IBM Social Business resources and websites
- Review previous IBM Connections Workshop materials on the IBM Greenhouse
- Previous experience with WebSphere Application Server applications
- Previous experience with a Linux-based operating system
The course materials are available from a wiki page on the IBM Greenhouse (so you’ll need to be registered for that site).