IBM/Lotus now has a real competitor to Google GMail and Microsoft BPOS/Exchange Online – LotusLive iNotes.
Based on the technology acquired when the Hong Kong-based OutBlaze organisation was purchased earlier this year, LotusLive iNotes is designed to bring long-cost, high-quality email to organisations that do not need the full collaboration experience nor the effort of mananging a full on-premise email solution.
IBM LotusLive, IBM’s family of cloud-delivered offerings for business IBM collaboration now includes LotusLive iNotes
IBM LotusLive, a cloud-based portfolio of social networking and collaboration services designed for business now includes IBM LotusLive iNotes.
LotusLive iNotes integrates with and extends the value of existing collaboration deployments.
* Functions under the same corporate domain
* Uses a shared corporate directory
* Sends and receives calendar invitations across the organization
IBM LotusLive iNotes offers a cost-effective enterprise-grade messaging infrastructure delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for corporate users who do not need full-fledged groupware.
* Extremely easy-to-use interface that contains essential messaging and calendar features without clutter
* Flexible storage quotas
* Proven reliability – millions of active mailboxes across hundreds of thousands of domains
* No mining of customer data for advertising, or other purposes
* Security rich practices that satisfy the needs of large enterprises
* Security, reliability, and experience of IBM – built for business (not re-purposed consumer applications)
* Integrates with and extends value of on-premise collaboration solutions (from Lotus and other groupware providers)
IBM LotusLive iNotes allows enterprises to offer a tiered solution instead of one-size-fits-all, making it affordable to enable the entire workforce.
The Software as a Service (SaaS) model frees businesses from the hassle and expense related to hardware, software installs, patches, maintenance, and testing.
Businesses pay on a per-user basis, eliminating risks and unknowns.
Pricing starts at just $3 per user per month:
and even the basic plan is full-featured:
All Plans Include:
- Webmail, contacts and calendaring
- 1GB of storage per user
- Access via Webmail, POP3, IMAP and authenticated SMTP
- Support for mobile devices via IMAP IDLE
- Built in spam and virus protection
- Easy-to-use administration tools
- 24x7x365 monitoring
Up to 100GB of additional storage can be purchased on a a subscription basis and added as needed.