I posted last week that new Sametime integration had been announced for IBM Connections, in the form of Meetings and Chat Room widgets. However, at the time they had not yet been released.
Well, good news! They are now available for download from the IBM Collaboration Solutions Catalog:
The Meeting Rooms widget can help a social business activate networks of people to make faster expertise-based decisions, speed up business processes and address customer needs.
The Meeting Rooms Widget links to your existing Sametime Meetings server.
The Meetings Rooms Widget provides the following functionality for Community Members:
- Create a Meeting Room from the Widget (Community Owners only)
- View the most active Meeting Rooms in the sidebar widget
- View the full list of Meeting Rooms associated with the Community
- Click to open Meeting Rooms in your web browser or Sametime desktop client
- Sort Meeting Rooms by Meeting Room name, owner name, number of active participants, or most recently accessed
- Click to manage Meeting Rooms (Community Owners only)
For instructions to install the Meeting Rooms Widget, please see the IBM Sametime wiki article: Meeting Rooms Widget for IBM Connections.
For organisations that need advanced collaboration, the Chat Rooms Widget allows you to add persistent Chat Rooms to a Community. Chat Rooms allow Community members to communicate and share information with colleagues online and in real time.
The Chat Rooms Widget links to your existing Sametime Chat Rooms server.
The Chat Rooms Widget provides the following functionality for Community Members:
- Create a Chat Room from the Widget (Community Owners only)
- View available Chat Rooms in the sidebar widget
- Click to open Chat Rooms in your web browser or Sametime desktop client
- Sort Chat Rooms
- Display the number of active users in the Chat Room, and the number of lines which are unread by you
For instructions to install the Chat Rooms Widget, please see the IBM Sametime wiki article: Chat Rooms Widget for IBM Connections.
The Video Chat Widget enhances social communications with audio and video features that allow you to see and speak to colleagues.
The Video Chat Widget links to your existing Sametime Meetings server. The widget provides Connections Communities with audio and video capabilities, to allow your Community members to communicate in real-time.
For more information about the Video Chat Widget, please see the IBM Sametime wiki article: Video Chat widget for IBM Connections.
As I commented on Marlon’s Sametime Blog post announcing this, I’d love to see some screenshots of the new widgets in action, however that just provides an incentive to get these widgets downloaded and installed!
They all require a minimum of IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1+. The Meeting and Chat Rooms widgets require IBM Connections 4.0+, whereas the Video Chat widget will operate against Connections 3.0+.