Social business is about much more than social media. A social business is an organisation whose culture and practices encourage networks of people—employees, partners, customers and others—to create business value, and, ultimately, increase revenue and profits.
So who are the exceptional talents building today’s social businesses and what can we learn from them?
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has identified 25 leaders who are successfully applying social technologies, principles and strategies within organisations around the world.
- Bonin Bough – Vice-president of global media and consumer engagement, Mondelez International
- Marisa Thalberg – Vice-president for corporate digital marketing , Estée Lauder Cos
- Chris Laping – Senior vice-president for business transformation, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
- Scott Monty – Former chief of global digital communications, Ford Motor Co
- Gilberto Garcia – Director of innovation, Cemex
It’s a fascinating list, and there are definitely stories here that will be relevant to all sizes and types of organisations.